I have a friend who lives in Scotland and is cravely ill.

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend who lives in Scotland and is cravely ill. she is seeking assisted end of life suicide and is arranging it in Zurich. None of her family can go do to their laws against it and they would be arrested for manslaughter once landed back in Scotland. I want to know if I from TX would have any problems once returning to US, by attending so shes not alone.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Its not happened yet, She is making arrangements fro approve at a clinic in Zurich. I lived in Texas and just need to know if Id have a problem once back from from Zurich having attended a suicide?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No her plans are to go alone once done the clinic will send her ashes to her family in Scotland. I just dont want her to die alone

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

If the procedure is legal where your friend is receiving services the United States will honor that law. I am sorry that you are going through this.

https://www.mydeath-mydecision.org.uk/info/options/assisted-suicide-switzerland/

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/prosecution/assisted_suicide_policy.html