Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Should cats' hind claws be cut as well as front, N. Y. no,

Customer Question
should cats' hind claws be...
should cats' hind claws be cut as well as front
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: N. Y.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 20 days ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal/medical advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

According to the Humane Society, "it's common to only cut the front claws, but take a look at the rear claws just in case they've gotten too long, especially if their sharp tips hurt you when your cat leaps on or off your lap. Since most cats fuss more about having their rear claws clipped, start with the front claws." http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/cats/tips/trimming_cat_claws.html?referrer=https://search.yahoo.com/

I hope that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You can still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be some lag in my response time if you follow up with additional questions. It just means I'm working with someone else but I will ALWAYS come back an answer your questions when I'm done.

Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 14 days ago

Hi. Just wanted to check back with you to make sure you had all the information you need...

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney