Can I carry on a commercial flight a small knife less than 2…

Customer Question
Can I carry on...

Can I carry on a commercial flight a small knife less than 2 inches long?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

TN

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

It used to be that the rules allowed for a blade less then 2.36 inches and 1/2 inch wide.

However, the current rule is, in general, you are prohibited from traveling with sharp objects in your carry-on baggage.

The TSA checkpoint screeners do have a certain amount of discretion based upon their own judgment.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!