Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I misread the box, this is about the same question I asked

about earlier. Is is possible...
I misread the box, this is about the same question I asked about earlier. Is is possible to get a complete copy of the police report since this case is considered closed? Or would we have to have a lawyer request that information? I have managed to get a copy of the court file.
11/21/2017
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello again :) I'm happy to answer follow-up questions or new questions! You should be able to get a copy of your COMPLETE file (not just the police report) from either the court - they would charge you to print it but it's a small amount - or from the attorney who represented the individual. Anything the prosecutor had access to you would be entitled to.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I went to the court & got the file but would like to get copy of “investigation notes” - what they did to set up scenario that got friend in trouble. With case closed can’t see why we can’t see notes/report

I don't hold out a lot of hope that you'll get access to those... You definitely would have more luck trying with an attorney but even then you'll find it an uphill battle. But the sequence of events from the prosecutors files should be helpful. They have to lay out WHAT happened...

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney