Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Colorado. I had 2 cases and I did 96 hours for one case, no.

Customer Question
JA: What state are you...
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I had 2 cases and I did 96 hours for one case, no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I use 48 hours for the other case?
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 21 days ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Can you put this into some context by giving further background so that I understand the issue here? What two cases? 96 hours for what and why? Were the cases two different cases for two different incidents at two different times, or were they resolved together as part of the same incident?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
2 cases convicted @ Same time, 48hrs community service on both, did 96hrs on one and told me tough luck you have to do 48 more hrs!

Unfortunately, these are two different cases. If the credit was only applied to one case, then you'd have to do 48 more hours, unless your lawyer can petition the sentencing judge to accept the 96 hours as credit for both and to waive the remaining 48 hours.

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 20 days ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney