My car was hit while it was street parked by someone driving…

Hi,my car was hit while...
Hi,my car was hit while it was street parked by someone driving a stolen car. My car was totally destroyed and undriveable and was towed to the tow yard. All that happen while I was at work.the tow yard didn't let me see the car after 3 days and the bill was $1,000+ I needed to have the car towed for another $500.
Based on the state of the car and the value of the car, I decided to let the tow yard auction it for me to not have to pay for the yard fees, Geico my insurance company told me they weren't covering me because I was liability.After 2 weeks, the police released the report and I had the plate of the car that stole my car. That car is insured at the same insurance company that my car was, I talked to Geico about it and they are now telling me that they need to see my car to estimate the cost that should be reimbursed to me--obviously I don't have the car anymore.What can/should I do?
11/21/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You should have Geico contact the towing company here.See if they will let the agent see the vehicle.Towing company should be able to show them the car or where it is located.It has not likely been sold this fast.Thats the next step see if you can get them in contact here.

I appreciate the chance to help you , please let me know if you have followup.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars when we are done.

the car has been sold , I received a notification by the towing company
Is there anything I can do?

Give insurance the towing company name, surely they have record of who bought it so it can be looked at.Stay after this its not hopeless.

Ray, Lawyer