What legal action can i take when someone runoff with my bag…

Customer Question
What legal action can...

What legal action can i take when someone runoff with my bag from a security officer from cvs

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i filed a police report

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear this happened.

Was the person caught who stole/attempted to steal your bag?

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see if you'd still like help getting your questions answered.
It's free of charge to respond to any questions I may ask you, think of this more as a back and forth conversation.
Let me know if you'd still like my assistance, thanks!

No she was not the security officer did not give chase because he said once outside cvs its out of his jurisdiction and once i was notified she was almost 2 blocks away
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hello again!

Unfortunately since the person was not apprehended, there is not much else that can be done at this point in time.

The most you can do is file a police report (which you've done), and then wait to see if the police are able to locate this person, or recover your bag.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!