My landlord had the mail lady deliver a 60 day vacate notice…

Customer Question
Hello , my landlord...

Hello , my landlord had the mail lady deliver a 60 day vacate notice on Saturday with no reason given. I.m not late on the rent , and I have lived here for 11 years.. Is this legal not to give a reason

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Sorry , i meant the mail lady gave my daughter

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has been sending me crazy text messages for over 6 months now. My dad just passed 6 months ago , and ive been so stressed with her driving by the house , and harrasing me

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

If you're in California and you have a month-to-month lease (rather than a 6 or 12 month lease), then it's legal to provide written 60-day notice of termination of tenancy. No reason for termination is required.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

what about the crazy text messages she sends me / for example she sent me a text stating that the rent is due on the FIRST not the 3 rd ! i dont care of the mailman dies or there is an opoctaliptic explosion... weird

You could contact the sheriff or police and report the landlord for "stalking" you. But, that won't relieve you from the termination of your tenancy.

It may be that the landlord is having mental health issues (dementia/Alzheimer's). Maybe you can find out who some of her family members are and discuss the issue with them. Perhaps they can convince the landlord to allow you to remain in the rental property.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer