I have a question ... while living with my ex fiancé I put…

Customer Question
I have a question .....
I have a question ... while living with my ex fiancé I put $100k into the remodel of his house plus paid for groceries and all utilities for his house ... we had agreed if we ever broke up he would pay me back when he sold his house ... now that we are broke up he is stating he will not pay me any money that I put Into his house ... I do have receipts for some of the work maybe $50-60k of it ... do I have any legal action I can take or should I just walk away ... we lived together for about 4 years and 8 months
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 8 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, you can sue him. Since there is nothing in writing, it would be your word against his, if he wants to lie and deny that this was anything more than a gift. Yes, you can use the receipts to show the money was provided but the key is proving the terms and condition of the agreement and that you are to get repaid.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!