What is the period of time after the close of escrow in

What is the period...

What is the period of time after the close of escrow in which a buyer can sue the seller for material defects not disclosed during the buying process, in Arizona/? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

11/21/2017
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Under the Arizona Association of REALTORS® purchase contract the seller has a contractual duty to disclose to the buyer known defects in the home. If the seller knew of the defect the buyer would have six years after discovery of the defects to file a claim for breach of written contract against the seller. Finally, the buyer would only have three years to file a fraud claim against the seller, but should be entitled to attorneys fees for prosecuting this fraud claim.

The statute of limitations for breach of a written contract is six years from the date that the breach occurred. See A.R.S. §12-548.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Attorney
Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate the fast response and I'm completely satisfied.