I live in Sate State. I are the executrix and beneficiary of…

Customer Question
I live in Washington...

I live in Washington Sate State. I are the executrix and beneficiary of John William Erickson's last will and testament. The is and small amount of money left in an checking account at Wells Fargo. I am told that this account was opened in Oregon and they have provided me a form: Oregon Affidavit of Collection of Collection of Estate Assets on which #2.( a) through (g) there is no choice that applies to me. Do you have a form titled Affidavit of Successor of Decedent that have the choice of beneficiary? I was Mr. Erickson's POA before his death on 10/16/16.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Washington State. The papers were filed in the State of Washington Superior Court in and for the County of Kitsap ; then filed with Wells Fargo Bank, Bremerton, WA as the State of Washington Affidavit of Successor of Decedent

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

A will and a death certificate

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/21/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
My sympathies for your loss. You will see that the document allows a personal representative to execute the affidavit as well. This is the synonym for executor. Please seehttps://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.courts.oregon.gov/Marion/docs/materialsandresources/instructions4filingsmallestaffidavit.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjS8IHptc7XAhWR14MKHa_MA9YQFggzMAI&usg=AOvVaw1fa7H9c7-lCpBQH2TGLtaZThat has complete instructions
I had already read these instructions on the State of Oregon website. Can none of this be done by mail? Is this saying that I have drive to Oregon, pay them $111.00 & that allows me to take the small amount of remaining $$ out of the Wells Fargo checking account that was originally opened in Oregon?
Furthermore, I cannot pay $59.00 to talk to you, particularly since the info you gave me was what I already knew.
That is an auto generated phone call request which I do not participate in. Just a moment please.
Code 114.535 does not specify. It just states it must be delivered and the possessor must transfer it.
legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer