I am in a rent stabilized apartment in New York City and I…

Customer Question
I am in a...

I am in a rent stabilized apartment in New York City and I want to hire my own painter. The landlord owes me a paint job. Does he have to pay me something if I hire my own painters rather than use his painters

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York City, New York State

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No--but I have not had a paint job for at least 15 Years as there were leaks in the apartment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not to my knowledge. I would just like to know if he is

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Normally landlord will arrange for the painter. If landlord permits you to use own painter you should get an estimate and have landlord pay directly to avoid issues. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Awaiting your reply, thank you!