I recently had a water purifier installed believing that the…

Customer Question
I recently had a...

I recently had a water purifier installed believing that the area water would be contaminated because of heavy rains etc. After the instilation, we decided to terminate use of the apparatus due to misrepresentation of the product.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We wrote a letter to the company stating that we were not informed of the extra charges for paying monthly installments.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We contacted the company asking them to remove the purifier, but they said that we should have had it removed in three days. Again the sales agent did not inform us of this.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!