I just got an eviction notice, and I have to be in court…

Customer Question
Hello. I just got...

Hello. I just got an eviction notice, and I have to be in court November 30th. I have the rent payment, but the only thing holding me back is a fee of $120. My lessort says, she cannot take the rent unless I pay the fee also. I've been living in my apartment for almost a year now, and I've always paid early, sometime almost 1-2 weeks early. But I'm just having financial problems this month. Do you think the judge would patient enough with me, to let me pay the day after? Because, I get paid the day after the hearing any advice please, I'm freaking out a little.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in Louisiana ma'm

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, an eviction Notice for me to show up in court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just that I wanted to know if I could have time to pay the $120fee

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
The fee can be waived. Courts often don’t enforce it. You can negotiate or push it to court and settle there normally without the fee. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”