I have a friend thats being threatened by a call girl for…

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend thats being threatened by a call girl for money

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Saying she'll print out text messages to give to his wife

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet he's told me about it but nothing legal as yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That should cover it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

What you are describing may be criminal extortion by the call girl. The problem, however, is that if the victim/friend contacts law enforcement to complain, and the call girl is arrested and charged with a crime, the friend's activities will become public record and the wife will likely discover what's occurred.

There's no good way to avoid the issue. The friend can either pay the extortion money, or contact law enforcement and tell the wife what's happened, so that it comes as no surprise.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Thanks for the help. Please unsubscribe me from your service. I only needed the question answered and that you did very well. Thanks
Was told only a $5.00 charge was to occur yet was charged $36.00

$5 is the deposit. $36.00 is the cost of the answer.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer