I filed a temporary PFA pro se and I am trying to find

Customer Question
I filed a temporary...

I filed a temporary PFA pro se and I am trying to find representation before the final hearing so that I know my legal rights and can provide valid proof since I never filed charges in any of the incidents. I keep running into dead ends for assistance because I am limited in funds and time to get assistance. Why are the laws so restrictive?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And just to clarify, have charges been officially filed?

This was filed in the state of PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have talked to one who said they represent the defendant's typically and would pick my case apart, it scared me. I have tried Mid Penn and they will not help me because I filed it on my own my final hearing is Wednesday so I contacted Judge to request a continuance but I don't know if I will get one.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The defendant's ex wife has been texting me with stories of abuse, I don't know if they are true. I think she is just fishing for him to see if I am going to go to court

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Awaiting your reply, thank you!