I am doing a job application. And they have asked me to

Customer Question
I am doing a...

I am doing a job application. And they have asked me to revise my address history. A police officer told me that you are not a resident of a state unless you have a adress there for over 6 months. So in college I had a bunch of address that I stayed at for under 6 months each. Do I need to put this on my address history for my job application?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nope. I don't think so. They wouldnt accept the simplified address history, i initially sent them. Which was basically using my parents address as "home base" during college and travels. I did have 4-6 leases. three in GA. two in Kansas. and one in arizona.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
I did have a few leases. like three in GA, two in kansas, and one in AZ. Am I legally required to document those?
11/20/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

There are multiple different rules for residency establishment within a state. First, for a drivers license and vehicle, if you are in the state more than 30 days you are supposed to change your license and registration over.

For a divorce in GA, you must be a resident of the state for at least 6 months.

However, for your purpose, they want to know where you lived during those years. So you can indeed be asked for all of the addresses you stayed at during your college and travels even if you lived there less than 6 months.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.