I need advice. my son is currently an inmate at a ohio corr.

Customer Question
I need advice. my...

I need advice. my son is currently an inmate at a ohio corr. inst. and is being bullied, harassed and now incriminated against a staff sgt. there. he has been in a dog program for almost 2 yr.s training them for adoption. this sgt just got to his camp from the main compound where he harassed my son there. he called my son on the first day there to his office stating he never liked him and one wrong move and he,ll see to it that hes put back in the main compound. this was almost two weeks ago. now hes had my son removed from the program stating hes abusing the animals physically and sexually which is a blatant lie!! my son is so distraught i fear for him. other staff has continuously commended his work to me. i don,t know what to do. please help me and my son

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not as of yet they tell him hes on administrative dog leave pending investigation but this sgt harasses him everyday hes there. i fear for my sons well being and safety because hes also tellin inmates this stuff. he even removed my son from his dorm and put him on the other side and placed a big picture of him on the wall stating if he goes on that side hes to be written up and sent to the hole

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's situation.

Based on the information you shared, it sounds as though he is definitely being mistreated. Does he currenlty have an attorney?

The circumstances you've shared here are issues that should definitely be brought to the warden and a judge's attention.

The judge can actually issue an order requiring that your son be placed back in to the program.

There is a prominent organization in Ohio that actually advocates for prison rights, and who may be able to help you get some solutions put in place for your son.

That is the ACLU Ohio. This is their phone number:

(###) ###-####/p>

You should try contacting someone there, explaining your son's situation, and see whether they can do something to help.

This is their website:

http://www.acluohio.org/archives/issue/prisoners-rights

If your son has an attorney already, his attorney can in fact bring these matters up with the judge immediately, circumventing the need to contact the ACLU. However, if he doesn't have an attorney then the ACLU is a very good option.

You may also find this link helpful:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2010/07/20/ohio-prison-resources

It lists several resources to prisoner rights in the Ohio prison system.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!