I found an insurance policy among my late dads stuff, it…

Customer Question
HI, I found an...

HI, I found an insurance policy among my late dads stuff, it appears he had the money put into a trust fund of some type back in 1996, the attorney he used has passed on, I have what appears to be the trust # but have no idea where it is or who to talk to

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Nh

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

The insurance insurance company sent him a letter begging him to do something with it and his handwritten note regarding a trust for my brother and I, the # of the account. Thats it. Metlife has been less than helpfull telling me anything.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I think thats it. Again, the attorney he used is no longer with us further complicating things

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I would have a lawyer send a letter to the insurer demanding production of the policy. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”