My issue is related to a medical record 7 years ago. The…

Customer Question
My issue is related...

My issue is related to a medical record 7 years ago. The record was found to have misinformation was not stored in compliance with Hippa. The hospital apologized and the compliance department stored the record under an alias name with different demografic info however the record is still there and i have been suffering from the fear and pain for 7 years. I want to request a destruction of the record since it met the state requirment for 7 year.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

MI

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. just the issue was corrected by the hospital compliance department

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. one more question: in case a medical record that has sensitive psychotherapy notes was subeona by court. can we reuest it be filed under seal for privacy issue.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. In the event a medical record that has sensitive psychotherapy notes was subeona by court. you can request that it be filed under seal for privacy reasons. I'm sorry your records were not stored properly; that clearly caused you a great deal of distress. I hope I've answered your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

no you did not answer my question and this is a scam . you wrote a bunch of bull shit . bye
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney