I have a question but im not sure if i should make an

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question but im not sure if i should make an appointment with a lawyer who try small claims court

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?

North carolina and i havent filed anything yet i would be the plaintiff

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No okay

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Although there is no specific rule of thumb concerning when to hire legal counsel for a small claims case, in my opinion, if the amount at stake is $3,000 or greater, than I would hire a lawyer, because even if it costs you $500, you're more likely to win.

Also, if your opponent has hired a lawyer, then you definitely should hire a lawyer, because otherwise, you will be up against a professional, and you won't know how to respond to the attorney's arguments and objections.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!