Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can i sue an attorney ho tresspasses on an elderly abuse cas

Customer Question
without any personal knowledge of...
can i sue an attorney ho tresspasses on an elderly abuse cas without any personal knowledge of the subject matter
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: the state is in houston texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes it is n the us district court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the financing harrassed an elderly person six o 7 times per day because of a bebt owned even when asked to cease and desist
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 23 days ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I’m an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you. You actually can sue an attorney for threatening, harassing, intimidating, improper debt collection practices. Those would be governed by the fair debt collection practices act which makes all of those things against the law.

Damages are available for physical distress, emotional distress and more. Statutory damages are also available.

If you want something to read on the subject, take a look at: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/damages-fdcpa-violations.html

I hope that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It doesn't cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars - 5 is definitely appreciated!). If you have follow up questions I'd be happy to answer them as well. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your questions.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney