I have a loan for a vehicle with my ex. I don't want it I…

Customer Question
I have a loan...

I have a loan for a vehicle with my ex. I don't want it I want to turn the car in and settle the debt. She has the keys I can get one . Can I get in trouble for stealing my own vehicle

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Georgia and 2008 or 9

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

What would I file or report and to who. Also she isn't keeping insurance and there going to suspend my licence for it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. The payments are current but she didn't pay them I did she is forcing me to because she knows I don't want my credit hurt and not keep up on her end of the deal

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Is the car titled in your name? Thanks.

It's both of us on the loan I'm not sure

Thanks for your reply. If your name is ***** ***** title, then you have every right to the possession of the car. As such, you can go recover the car by simply taking it. The only caveat is that you are not allowed to break and enter or disturb the peace to get the car. So, you want to take it when it's sitting somewhere that's not enclosed requiring you to break in. If you are not comfortable doing this yourself, you can ask a professional repossession company to get the car for you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!