I don't show an option for civil law. Civil District Court…

I don't show an option...
I don't show an option for civil law.Civil District Court in Houston, TX
Sued for 200,000 dollars
Lost the suit
Receives disability from Social Security and is declared as mentally disabled for over 13 years already.What happens to the disabled person with respect to having to pay this large amount of which they don't have to give under this circumstance?
Thank you.
11/20/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Thank you!

They are likely judgment proof, nothing to collect against.They can file Chapter 7 to discharge the judgement and start fresh.Thats the long term remedy to unload the judgment.You can file Chapter 7 pro se yourself.

Forms and self help

http://www.txs.uscourts.gov/bankruptcy/bankruptcy-forms-filing-fees

This would discharge the judgment.Good way to deal with this long term.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.

Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Ray, Lawyer
Good info. Thank you so much. Will send you rating and tip. Appreciated.