Litigation in EDNY. I had a lawyer, am now Pro Se and

Litigation in EDNY....
Litigation in EDNY. I had a lawyer, am now Pro Se and searching for a lawyer. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and it shard to find reliable, affordable legal help in NYC. OK, that aside, I being sued for not paying something for which I was not billed until three years after I fired the guy. He did not send me a detailed bill, but only that I need to pay X amount or face court. He is billing me for a period from 2000 to 2008. Discovery closed, the other side refused all of my Discovery. Can I ask the judge to reopen Discovery? I made the huge mistake of not sending a registered letter with a request for proof of the debt. Am I able to do that without reopening Discovery? Thanks!!
11/20/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

If they refused your discovery a motion to compel would be the remedy to try and force them to produce it.

Sample motion to compel

http://barketmarion.com/wp-content/uploads/Motion-to-Compel-and-Preclude.pdf

I appreciate the chance to help you , good luck with the motion to compel.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Ray, Lawyer
Thanks Ray!! Opposition emailed me Discovery and I emailed my requests. I found out I should have filed them with the court? Can I still compel, or do I have to ask to reopen?? I did not ask directly enough about producing bills, can I add more Discovery on a Motion to Compel or Reopen or................. Sorry to sound so disorganized on this!! You gave great advice!!

You would attach the discovery with your motion and seek court order to compel them to respond and produce the information.Thanks and good luck.

Thanks so much!!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)

Bye for now clearing screen.

Thanks, Ray! The motion to compel that you sent was for criminal law. Do you have one for civil law? Thanks!