My parents passed away 30 years ago. I moved back home and…

Customer Question
My parents passed away...

My parents passed away 30 years ago. I moved back home and paid off the house and I've been paying the taxes for 30 years now. Now They want me to sign a trust saying they are the trustee's of the house. For 30 years they have not put anything into the house. Since they didn't is there a law saying the house is mine? what should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Portland Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They went to a lawyer for the trust. They want me to sign it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes they say when I die they will kick my family out or charge them rent instead of paying the taxes like am doing now.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Am ready

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/20/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 8 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question.

You say

Now They want me to sign a trust saying they are the trustee's of the house.

Who they?
Ands what is this trust you are referring to??