Am I responsable for my wifes credit cards. Missouri 30 yrs…

Customer Question
Am I responsable for...

Am I responsable for my wifes credit cards

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Missouri 30 yrs

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. Is it a joint credit card or one in just her name?

several in her name

A credit card is a contract. So basically there is a contract between HER and the credit card company. They cannot sue you for her credit card debts unless you somehow obligate yourself to pay them - for example, if you contact them and say you will assume her debts. I hope that answers your question. If you don't need any additional information, could you please take a moment to check the box stating that I answered your question so that I receive credit for working with you. It does NOT cost you anything extra and it allows me to get credit for helping you. Sometimes people aren't aware that experts don't get any credit for the time and effort that we spend on our answers unless you rate it positively (3 or more stars). If you have follow up questions I'd be very happy to answer them as well - so definitely ask. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. In any case, I'd be happy to answer any additional questions you have. There may be some lag since I may not be logged in but I will always come back to answer any follow up questions you have.

Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago

Hi. Is there anything else I can answer for you or do you have all of the information you need?