Your service sounds promising. My SS # is *********** and I…

Customer Question
Your service sounds promising. My...

Your service sounds promising. My SS # is *********** and I am now 80 years old. I am retired providing the following information in confidence hoping that you can give me reasonable feedback and suggestions.. I am a Canadian who lived full time in New Rochelle NY for 15 years ('46-'61), worked summers and had a Green Card. Then, I moved back to Canada after graduating in Engineering Physics, UofT and married University friend. On Graduating I had to relinquish my Green Card or serve in the US Military (Korea.). My parents became US Citizens Subsequently I spent 40 years as CEO of companies that I founded. With Remanco I opted to move to Costa Mesa California full time for some 10 years. I stayed as Chairman of Remanco and my company Senelco Inc.owned the western US dealership. I paid US full taxes (for Senelco and personal) with an L1 residence status. I had many employees for whom $es were paid into the system. Several years ago I contacted Social security and they advised at the time that they felt that I did not qualify for anything. Currently I have been cohabitation with a wonderful lady for the last 18 years and we spend the majority of our time in Niceville, Florida. She spends time with me in an Apartment I have in Niagara on the Lake and has now seen most of Canada.. She was a US Military wife for 25 years,was single for 4 years before meeting me. Her ex husband has now passed away (3 years ago) Our understanding is that if we marry (which we both would have preferred) she looses significant US Military benefits. We would love to be together full time in our senir years and I have gone from having solid financial resources (when we met) to now scratching for and needing any income possible. Would love your take and open to any go forward suggestions. Regards ***** ***** Warren ***********, P. Eng. ************** *************** Consulting Services. Offices; **********************************************

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/19/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Warren ,you are correct that if you legally remarry she looses benefits.You may want to consider a ceremony but no license. A widow here looses military and other benefits from deceased husband if she remarries. I would just consider a commitment ceremony and avoid the remarriage.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Love your proposed service BUT you did not even address the question. Can I get any Social Security benefits?Think my outline indicated that we already knew the ramifications of our association with respect to military benefits.
We appear to be at a dead end...... so sadly I have to give your service a zero based on this first exchange. My only questions is "am I eligible for social Security Benefits". Several other Canadians have garnered based on the payments that they made. Where do I go from here?

Warren you should apply for social security here if you have some kind of status in US.If you have a green card here, no sure if you got it again or not.Worst that happens is they deny you here, maybe you get benefits.It is a no riaks deal for you.

No thanks

Sorry I was typing if you have more please just ask.Clarify your status here do you have at least a green card or citizenship here in US.

Sure hope that no-one is contemplating taking a charge for our conversation to date
As indicated I was told that if I did not surrender the Green Card I would have to sign up A! status and ship to Korea. As I was getting married and had a good job in Canada I opted to surender the Green Card. Subsequently I worked with an L1 credentials and paid corporate taxes and personal taxes living in California but then moved back to Canada.
Do you have any suggestions as to who might be in a position to get me results and I would be happy to pay on a % of any results i.e. you might take 30% of any movie that Social Security agreed to pay me on an ongoing basis. All negotiable as I am happy to pay for results.

Apply for another green card here thats the next step

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/eligibility-categories

Forms

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485

You really need an immigration lawyer here, one you get status you can get social security as green card holder.You have to start at square on here since you surrendered it.

Are you a Florida resident, lawyer referral

Lawyer Referral Service

Request A Referral Online 24/7

Phone(###) ###-####br />Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Good reference here about getting visa fixed and then apply again for green card.

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/applying-green-card-after-abandonment-residence.html

Sorry to waste your time on a Sunday afternoon. I will follow up with the 800 number tomorrow. As a retired Canadian I am allowed to send 50% and under current legislation before Congress 80% of my time in the US. Several of my associates have been able to draw SS benefits based on the contributions they made working in the US. I have to keep my Canadian identity to collect healthcare and my Canadian benefits. So I am not contemplating getting US residency or I loose some benefits which 5 years ago were inconsequential but today very important to getting fed Eh ! Thanks for your attempts but I did to get any answers that were at all helpful.Warren

Bye good luck