I live in Missouri and my question is if he signed his will…

Customer Question
I live in Missouri...

I live in Missouri and my question is if he signed his will in the wrong spot

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Is that legal

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The kids are signing paperwork on Monday for probate court but is IRA has been given out to the wrong people

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Missouri

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/19/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Me and Naomi should of had 25% of the IRA because his children have not been in his live for 8 years I took care of him he could not live at home anymore the 2 boys took all the money out of Wells Fargo ( I can not prove it but something is up with Wells Fargo and this transfer they did
he has a will but signed in wrong place how does that work?

I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds awful. Generally, the location of the signature is irrelevant. So long as they sign it, then it is valid. Are the other individuals arguing that the will is invalid because of this.

Sir honestly Wells Fargo said if it’s not signed in the right spot it’s invaled but I have information that the oldest boy was to get 5%becausehe livedrent Free for 10 years in his dad’s house it states that in the will is fight for what jims wishes are what can I do

I see what you mean; however, Wells Fargo is not honoring the agreement.

To finalize your will in Missouri:

• you must sign your will in front of two witnesses, and
  • your witnesses must sign your will.

There's no requirement that it must be signed in the right spot. What I'd recommend doing is filing a petition in your local probate court to verify that you were supposed to get something from the will. I'm very sorry. What other questions did you have for me?

I gave Wells Fargo power of attorney papers that gives me dual financial before he died Wells Fargo refused to except it called Jim up on the phone then we went to Wells Fargo Rick berg talk to Jim in private and would not let me in the meeting I also had dual power of attorney over medical as well his kids were never there fire him in 20 years that’s why I need to try to make his wish on the will done he would of never left me (Carol) or Naomi his 78 year young cousin out of his will

I can certainly understand your situation. The power of attorney stuff becomes ineffective upon someone's death, so your best method for attack is going to be attacking the execution of the will and that you're being cheated out of money that you were entitled to. Have you hired an attorney for this yet?

Not yet his astate is worth over 2 million dollars
I can answer everything about Jim but his kids can not, they have never been there for there dad only me
I need a lawyer

I see what you mean. One of the hardest things to do sometimes is find a lawyer that you can trust. Google searches are a good place to start, but usually the lawyers who pay the most can get bumped up to be on the first page regardless of their quality. One thing I recommend is going through your state’s lawyer referral service (LRS). The LRS in each state typically requires the attorney to have several years of practice, be free of discipline, and have adequate staffing to assist people. Here is the link for the Missouri LRS click here.

Did you have any other questions for me?