Im co parenting but they mainly stay with him cause they go…

Customer Question
Im co parenting but...

Im co parenting but they mainly stay with him cause they go to the same school we decided not to move them..but now he's getting weird with me saying that they can't go with me when we have no agreement through the judge or Court is he allowed to do that

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If I take my daughter's out of school because I can I'm there mother and I'm on the card as there mother can he call the cops on me for taking them out because I feel like that's the only way I'll get them with no problems or confrontation

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/19/2017
Lawyer: Amber E., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Amber E.
Amber E., Attorney

Until there is a court order in place saying otherwise, parents have equal rights to their children. Informal, out of court agreements do not change this. In other words, one parent doesn't get to make unilateral decisions on his or her own. If the police were to become involved, they would likely say that it is a civil matter. Unless they seem some apparent threat to the safety or well-being of the children, the police usually advise the parents to hire an attorney and resolve their differences in court.