My daughter that is 14 years jump into my wifes car and gear…

Customer Question
Hi- My daughter that...

Hi- My daughter that is 14 years jump into my wifes car and gear reverse. My wife said no to my daugther and try stopping her but she could not my wife was run over she is recovering good. I have gaico comprehensive insurance do you believe that they will cover??

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

2014 california

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I report yesterday. It was a big thing policeman create a report but I drove directly to hospital and could not talk to police.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She cause a lot of damage to building

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/19/2017
Lawyer: Amber E., Attorney replied 5 months ago
Amber E.
Amber E., Attorney

It will depend on the terms and conditions stated in the policy, of course. However, while thefts are typically covered under a comprehensive policy, the insurance companies don't usually consider your teen taking the car without permission to be theft. As a result, damages from the teen's unauthorized use of the vehicle generally isn't covered. Even when it is covered, rates often skyrocket.

will it cover comprehensive or will they refuse tu pay. Will this be comprehensive or collition or refuse.
Amber E.
Amber E.
Amber E., Attorney