My sisters a friend and a neighbor came into my home when I…

Customer Question
My sisters a friend...

My sisters a friend and a neighbor came into my home when I was in the hospital, they desided to clean out my house and have a garage sale whil I was in there, My oldest sister insisted she was doing it, she came and visited me and told me what they where doing, I begged her not to sell my clothes and jewlry, she told me she was going to do it anyway! I guess they sold my parents stuff, and some people stole my brand new pots and pans I just bought not to long before! and my Moms cast iron frying pans! I dont know what to do! My Neighbors accross the street where in on it although he didnt come over he use to be a cop, but he knew what they where doing!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

MICHIGAN

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO! I couldnt do that to them, but my oldest sister kept yelling at me the other day and calling me MEAN!!!!!!!!!! When they did this to me!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She hid my winter coat, she told my cousin that she put it in a bedroom closet, then she told me she never even saw it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/19/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill, an experienced attorney , assisting you with your criminal and civil matter.

The taking of your personal property without your consent when you were in hospital amounts to a larceny/ theft crime. Because this is a crime the people responsible could be prosecuted were you to make and file a police complaint.

The judge can order restitution of your property on sentencing in the criminal case.

You would also have a civil action for the wrongful taking of your property. This can be initiated in the small claims for the value of your property or the general civil court under trespass to goods, dentinue and replevin civil law for the return of your property.

Please follow up with me if you require additional assistance.

We are here to help.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

REMEMBERING to rate FIVE STARS before your exit.

Best

Attorney Bill