I'm a Security Officer in a Casino, I'm taking an Field

Customer Question
Hello my name is*****'m...

Hello my name is*****'m a Security Officer in a Casino, I'm taking an Field Training course and I have to give a presentation on Civil Liability. if possible could u help by explaining more about the subject

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just need help with this thank you

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/19/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Civil liability is the concept that every person is responsible for their wrongful acts that injure others. There is a lengthy list of what are known as "common law torts" -- aka civil wrong, which date back to ancient English law, and which survive today in the U.S. Courts. The torts can be divided into three classifications: intentional, unintentional and where intent is irrelevant.

Intentional Torts:

Assault

Battery

Conversion

False Imprisonment

Fraud

Interference with Personal Property

Trespass

Unintentional

Negligence

Intent Irrelevant

Defamation of Character

Invasion of Privacy (intrusion into seclusion; public disclosure of private facts; false light attribution; commercial appropriation of name/likeness)

You can google each one of the above and get numerous descriptions of the civil torts/wrongs, and their respective elements. If either your casino/employer or a guest commits one of these torts, then civil liability arises.

Note that as a casino, you have an obligation to make the premises safe for guests. Failure to do so creates civil liability. So, if you see something that could injure someone else, you must act to remedy the problem immediately.

This discussion that I've provided is very short. In law school, tort/civil liability law takes up an entire semester. It is one of the fundamental legal doctrines that every lawyer must learn. So, there is no way that I could possibly cover the issue comprehensively here at Justanswer.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Note: Here's a link to a webpage that discusses tort law.

I have no affiliation with the website provider (they're not paying me for pointing you in their direction).

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer