Equifax stated that it suffered a data breach on Sept. 7,

Customer Question
Equifax stated that it...

Equifax stated that it suffered a data breach on Sept. 7, 2017.and there is apossibility that my personal info might have been exposed notice came fromAT & T

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I am aware of. AT &T used the word possibility

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

I assume you are asking how you find out if your personal information was compromised in Equifax's data breach. Equifax has made it easy for people to find that out.

Just go to www.equifaxsecurtiy2017.com

Click on the button that says, "Am I impacted?" You'll be asked by Equifax to provide them with your last name and the last 6 digits of your social security number. Once you do that, you will find out immediately whether your information was compromised and if you need to take precautions against identity theft.

If this is not what you wanted to know, let me know and I'll be happy to add to my answer.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.