My name is *****. No I am about to do that with BBB. I tried…

Customer Question
Hello, my name is...

Hello, my name is *****

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I am about to do that with BBB

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I tried a 30 day risk free offer with Instant Checkmate, I looked up one name to mail a card to. They continued to remove $29.63 a month for the past year and 1/2 from my credit card and refuse to give me a full refund

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me - what is their justification for refusing to give you a full refund? Or, they never gave you one?

They said I had disputed charges with my bank so they said to deal with the bank. I received a letter from the bank telling me I let them know more than 60 days after this all began. Instant Checkmate owes me well over $500.00. I am a senior and cannot afford to lose that kind of money.

But did you let them know that you were cancelling after the 60 day deadline?

Or did you let them know before?

I'm sorry but I do not have $59 dollars to spend, I have already lost a great deal of money. I do not want the free 30 day offer your website is offering. Please refund my $5. Thank you
I think you can understand my concern with "free" offers.....
I only realized this was happening less than a month ago, This card was locked away so I could pay it off and I was not diligent in monitoring my statement as they payments are auto deductible.
Are you still there?
Will you please remove my credit card from your account? I appreciate that as I thought I was talking to an attorney at BBB... I was on their site and saw where I could ask a question.