I want to know how hard it is to acquire dads' financial…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know how hard it is to acquire dads' financial records during his stay in the nursing home. I live in iowa and I am the executor of the estate

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

A will signed by dad

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want a complete report of where his assets wen and if Medicaid stepped in

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/18/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 5 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Do you have a power of attorney?
my dad has passed away. even when he was alive my brothe and I both had poa
I would rathe you would give the details here instead of a phone call
i have not probated the will because my brother acquired the house and i want to know where the other assets went
my brother is not cooperating with me. that why i want to see the financial records from the nursing home
send info either thru this site or by email
As executor you have the right to access records, get information and take possession of assets. The probate court can also assist and help resolved disputes involved in administration. Often the tax return and the accountant he used are great resources. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Tina, Lawyer