I purchased a vehicle and it is in my name solely but my…

Customer Question
I purchased a vehicle...

I purchased a vehicle and it is in my name solely but my fiancee has been making monthly payments for a year now, but we plan on splitting up he wants the car and I don't want it how can we get his name only on the truck and loan

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

California, it is a 2015 GMC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What exactly do you mean filed or reported?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that is it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/18/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

You would need the consent of the lender, who would assign the loan to the fiancee and consent to the reissue of the title in their name.

Otherwise, if the lender refuses, the loan will need to be released. The fiancee will need to get their own loan and you would use the proceeds to pay off the current loan and assign them the title.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!