Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If/when an American citizen is attacked in London, has

passport and other ID plus...
If/when an American citizen is attacked in London, has passport and other ID plus money stolen, and the authorities refuse to allow person to leave hospital w/o documents, what is the victim's recourse?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Says yes...wit police and contact made with US embassy there.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at present I am a friend of the victim, and am here in the US. I have been asked to help, but don't know what to advise.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
US embassy should expedite departure and handling of a replacement passport. Counsel can also assist. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Have informed the victim in Bromwich General Hospital. So far, no reply. But, should be Yes.
Good luck. Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you!
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok. I am wondering if I have been had by so-called victim. This amount comes hard for me.
Possible. Sometimes victim email or Facebook hacked and contacts friends for money. Be careful.
Would you kindly rate me five stars - that is the only way I get credit by the website. Thank you! Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks for your help. I will do no more.
Very welcome. Kindly rate me positively.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
INFOLAWYER, Attorney