I had a electrical work done by an employee of big company…

Customer Question
I had a electrical...

I had a electrical work done by an employee of big company in town. Work was done on Saturday and he promised that the permit will be pulled and work will be inspected by the city inspector on next Monday. . His owner would refuse to pull the permit because the work was done without his approval.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. I have paid $150 with cash after the work was done

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its just that the electrician was recommended by customer/friend. He came over promptly on the Saturday, did a good job, and got paid. The only problem is that he had done the job on the side, without his owner's approval. Boss got mad and the whole thing is in a mess.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/18/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Do I have a case to have the owner of the electrical company honer his employee's work? pull the permit, inspected by city inspector.... as his employee has promised
I will think about it. by the way, you guys charged me $31, rather than $5 as advertised
On review of your facts, you have a good case.The theory is breach of contract and possible fraud.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!