Me and my dog were attacked by my a neighbor's dog 2wks ago.

Customer Question
Me and my dog...

Me and my dog were attacked by my a neighbor's dog 2wks ago. I called animal control and he was sited. Today I was out walking my dog and the owner of the dog started yelling at me and taunting me for calling the authorities. He the then began to release his dogs leash and pull it back as if he was going to release him on us. I then called the police because he continued to harass me. I called the police and went to the managers office and I was informed that they were going to issue and eviction notice but if they resisted I could transfer but I will have to pay the current market rent and pay for movers. I am the victim here and I feel as though I am being punished. What are my rights in this case I have done all the right things in this case and management doesn't seem to be sincerely ***** ***** my safety and comfort. I've lived here 3years and I've never been late on my rent.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/18/2017
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

He the then began to release his dogs leash and pull it back as if he was going to release him on us.

Good morning. What you describe can be technically called an assault in most states. you can go to the County prosecutor's office and ask for a restraining order against this individual. the apartment complex is doing what it needs to do in evicting that individual, but you will probably have to pay the expense involved, since the law does not require the landlord to foot the bill in the circumstances. Here is the Arizona statute regarding simple assault. A warning from the prosecutor's office , or a local police officer might be enough to solve the problem. See. https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/01203.htm

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? If not, please don't forget to enter a rating (hopefully ‘Five Star’) by clicking one of the boxes at the top of this reply. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Irwin Law,
The problem I have is that the individual that assaulted me knows where I live and I live alone. I now fear for my safety in lieu of a potential retaliation. I’m not asking the management pay for my move but I am the victim here... To transfer me to another unit and offer me market value when I have a lease is obsurb especially when I’m being victimized! How do you suggest I proceed?

You have no claim that the complex is obligated to help you fix other than to try to get the offensive fellow evicted, so moving into a more expensive unit will cost you money, victimized or not. You might look into the restraining order. It is the thing that is most likely to influence his behavior. He'll know that if he violates it, he can be picked up and put in jail.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney