My defendant has died. I am suing my business partner for…

Customer Question
My defendant has died...

My defendant has died. I am suing my business partner for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary responsibility. He took company property and assets to his personal residence and was selling them on the side. I have heard that these things are being given or sold away. Even though I will continue lawsuit and replace him with his administrator (his sister) I would like to reposes the company's property. What do I need to do that immediately before it's all gone. or should I just let it go because I'm already suing for the loss of it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry, California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Oh yes, I filed a year ago, the readiness hearing is Dec 15 2017 and trial jan 2018

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/18/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
The estate of the defendant would take over. You can when you win seek to have court order a claw back of all assets wrongly removed from the estate. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!