I have a question about Civil law. I am currently in CA but…

Hi I have a...

Hi I have a question about Civil law

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am currently in CA but the question is regarding an issue in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

To the police?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its about a title change issue for a vehicle

11/18/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

What questions do you have here?Thanks

ok
Hi So this my case. Two years back I owned a 2003 Volvo S80 in Texas. Later I got a job in California and moved here. One week after moving to california, I get a call from a towing company stating that they want my car to be towed and i gave them permission and the settlement was they would scrap the car and use it for their payment to which i agreed upon.Two days back I get a call from National Beureu Collection (On behalf of state farm) that I am still the owner of the car and I need to pay $2500 as the title is still in my name but the accident was cause by a lady names Eliza Lewis. I check with Texas DMV and they stated that i am still the owner. I have filed the police complaint regarding this and they are investigating further. Can I remove my name from the title of the car? How can that be done?

Can you give me more information and what questions you have,thanks.

17 November 2017 06:49

All you can do here is give the Collection Agency copy of police report and letter stating in writing that you left car with towing company and reported this to the police.You want to dispute this.You would need the towing company to go with you to Texas dmv to transfer title here.Somebody would have to pay transfer fees to complete it.

if the towing company denies taking any responsibility of the car or taking the car away the police must issue me a report stating the car is stolen right?

Yes they should, and they take statement from you.Keep the police on this.Its the best way to avoid being held liable.

I am so sorry this happened to you.I wish you the best with resolving it.If you can leave five stars at top of page it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
Ray, Lawyer