What court do i use in las vegas nevada concerning suing for…

Customer Question
What court do i...

What court do i use in las vegas nevada concerning suing for $30000 auto debt. I am the plantiff

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Nevada 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I took out a loan for a foriegn person to purchase a car. We have a secondary contract binding them to the financial agreement. However, their name is ***** ***** the bank loan, car title or state vehicle registration. they are not citizens. Our agreement was, they pay for the car in full within two months, they havent done so. I then agree they atleast make the monthly payments, they have missed 2 months in a row. Our last conversation consisted of this: they said quote " I dont care and Im not paying" So, I need to pay someone to repossess the vehicle and do a voluntary repossession through the lender bank.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

ok thanks, ***** ***** patiently for your response.

Great, thanks!

My credit score is 680, I have debt, however all my accounts are current and paid up. I cant wait for three consecutive past due payments, I dont want to wait for the bank to force a repossession and would rather do a voluntary repo to cooperate with the bank. I've heard that a volutary repo looks the same on your credit and wish to file paperwork to the bank in order to release myself from poor credit report. I believe my situation is unique and wish to be relieved from the poor credit report.

Thanks so much for your patience. If you are going to be suing for $30,000 worth of debt, then you'll need to go to superior court. You wouldn't go to small claims because the limit is $10,000. To do this, you would need to go down to the county courthouse where the defendant lives and file suit there. To do that , what you need to do is type up your complaint using 28 line pleading paper (I've attached some for you to get started), check to see if your county requires any specific forms, pay the fee, file the case, and have it served on the other party. You'll need someone who is over 18 and not a party to the case do this for you.

You may want to avoid going to court altogether. The reason is because your case appears to be a classic breach of contract. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court.

This website is also pretty cool because they have some state-specific breach of contract forms that you can use as well. Click here to choose your state and get started.

What other questions did you have for me?

I am hearing impaired and it is very difficult to talk on the phone, i need to see your lips moving

I understand. Did you see my response to your question?

im on call and need to go to work. please talk to me later, thank you. please include a phone number to reach you, thanks

i saw your response. can you offer a direct link to the specific Clark County Nevada state department for which i need to file this Breach of Contract?
the debt they owe is $30,000.00
Am I breaking any laws by repossessing the vehicle without their consent? They've already broken the verbal agreement and have refused to pay the monthly payment 2 months in a row.

Depending on where you live, there may be a local courthouse but if you click here, you can get started on finding out where it's at. As far as you repossessing the vehicle, you could repossess the vehicle if that was a term of your agreement, but remember that the bank is the one that is the superior lien holder so they are the ones with the true authority to repossess if the vehicle is not paid. What other questions did you have for me?

Tina, Lawyer