Louise and Shultz have kept our security deposit and first…

Customer Question
Louise and Frank Shultz...

Louise and Frank Shultz have kept our security deposit and first month's rent. We were relocating from AZ and did the rental over the internet. We did not take the rental and left immediately. The house was shown to another party the night we left and that person took the rental home. Louise and Frank Shultz received two security deposits and two rents for same month. We have asked for our monies back but they have refused to acknowledge us. What can I do? Charlene Montour

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kissimmee, florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I keep trying to write them letters and email them. This happened on October 6th and we have been living in hotels/motels ever since. We have spent over 2000.00 on motels.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The realtor was very nice to us. Even using that she is a good Catholic. She let us think that she was being kind to us but now we found out that she has not been telling us the truth.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 9 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you. I have never done this before. what is the total charged to my credit card?

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You can file a Small Claim against the Landlord at the Courthouse in the County where the property is located if your claim is $5,000.00 or less. You can obtain Small Claim forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

You can use the link to locate the proper Courthouse.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.