My father is commjng home with hospice i have been living…

Customer Question
My father is commjng...

My father is commjng home with hospice i have been living with him taking care of him 2 years. I had power of attorney and moved his bank account to another bank. Aps contacted me said they would put me in jail if i didn't put money back into his other account. I put it back and no charges were filed now my brother is saying i can't sray at the house if my dad is there. O charges were filed no restraing order or anything. My brother now has power of attorney can he make me leave without even a notice

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have not recieved anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

My brother now has power of attorney can he make me leave without even a notice

Response: No, he cannot. He must give you a written 60-day notice to vacate because you have been living there for a year or more. Then, if you do not vacate at the expiration of the notice, he must then file eviction action against you. There is no self-remedy to eviction actions in the State of California. So, your brother cannot change the locks or throw your stuff out in order force you out. Your brother must use the Court system to accomplish the eviction. For more information, click here.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.