We need help applying for parole in place. My husband is a…

Customer Question
We need help applying...

We need help applying for parole in place. My husband is a Military Veteran and is 150% disabled. We live in Jefferson Texas, 75657

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Jefferson, Texas 75657

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I understand that I have to do this first before I can do a 130 or 485

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 5 months ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.​

OKAY,Will I be charged anymore for this information. If yes forget it.... If no I patiently await your answer. Thanks De
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 5 months ago

Yes, you are correct. You must obtain parole in place before you can begin the process of adjusting status. If you do not first get the parole in place granted, your application to adjust status (Form I-485) will almost certainly be denied. First, you must file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. You will be required to include the following items with your application:

• Evidence of the family relationship to the U.S. citizen military service member (such as a copy of a birth or marriage certificate)
  • Evidence that the U.S. citizen family member is either an Active Duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces, in the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve, or previously served in the U.S. Armed Forces or the Selected Reserve or the Ready Reserve, such as a photocopy of the military identification card (DD Form 1173; make copies of both the front and back)
  • Two identical, color, passport-style photographs of the non-citizen applicant
  • Evidence of any additional favorable discretionary factors that you wish to have USCIS take into account, such as letters from community leaders or teachers showing your involvement in volunteer activities, personal education, or your children’s education

I recommend the assistance of an immigration attorney when preparing the Form I-131 application.

There are many qualified immigration lawyers in Texas, including myself, who can file it for you.

I hope this helps.

Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

what is your cost to file the required I131 as I know there is no cost to file with the immigration. also in addition what is your cost to file the 485 and 130. approximately
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 5 months ago

There are the government fees and my fees. Without knowing more, which might enable you to get reduced or waived fees, the government fees are as follows:

The filing fee for the I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, is $535.

The filing fee for the I-485, Application to Adjust Status is $1140 application fee and $85 biometric fee (fingerprints and photo id)

My fee for filing the I-131, the I-130, and the I-485 is $1250.

okay give me a bit here need to talk with my husband on these. Thank you
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 5 months ago

Ok. My email address is***@******.***.

Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young