What are the statute of limations on debt collections &

Customer Question
What are the statute...

What are the statute of limations on debt collections & harassment on a cell phone ? Please .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georga

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time thankyou .

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The statute of limitations for collecting a debt on a written contract such as a cell phone contract is 6 years. It is possible to extend the statute with a written promise to pay after the original time period expires.

Harassing communications are a misdemeanor, which means that criminal prosecution can begin at any time within 2 years. When communications occur over a period of time, the statute will always reset after the last one.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Do you have any questions about this?