HO2 and Wind policies in place and premiums paid with Trust…

Customer Question
HO2 and Wind policies...

HO2 and Wind policies in place and premiums paid with Trust as named insured. Deed recorded in FL naming three co-partners/equal shares. Insurance carriers require new application for each policy. However, agency not able to write new coverage for HO2 policy. What happens if there is a claim during policy period?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Quitclaim Deed filed in FL10-31-17 naming three equal partners.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No insurance claims filed.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 5 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

To be clear, when claim arises, there was no new coverage and not insured?

policy has not been cancelled. response from agent 1) find new agent to write coverage 2) hope you don't have claim

If policy not cancelled, and claim happens and policy covers such ocurrence, then there should be coverage. If insurer didnt timely cancel and notify, it has to cover!

Kindly let me know if that is clear and acceptable.

what do you mean timely manner?

If insurer claims that policy does not cover something it did, it needs to notify insured when that happens.

likewise, any agent/broker would need to do so.

Kindly let me know if my replies are acceptable. tried to expedite.

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Answers were vague and not helpful, so therefore of no value. Noticed my credit shows pending charges in the amount of $47.00. Please remove total charges. Thanks!!!
I cannot be specific without specific review of the policy, schedules and all correspondence. This is a general information site and I replied generally so you may apply to your specific facts! if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Tina, Lawyer