Having a problem with the creepy neighbor entering my home…

Customer Question
Having a problem with...

Having a problem with the creepy neighbor entering my home while I'm gone, showering, or sleeping.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pueblo, CO

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Police have been here a couple of times, but they tell me nothing can be done until I can catch him on camera. He knows how to disable my cameras and get around the security system and new door

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can I be compensated for the items he's stolen and the cost to repair vandalism and install cameras? Right now I can't even get my car out of the garage because he's done something so the garage door won't open. Running out of supplies!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 7 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Besides a criminal complaint that it seems the Police are telling you that you need more evidence, you can file a civil complaint about trespassing or harassment and seek damages. Civil trespass is committed when an individual intentionally enters the land of another without lawful excuse. Generally, the property owner may sue for trespass even if no harm was done.The elements of the tort of trespass are: (1) a physical intrusion upon the property (2) of another (3) without the proper permission from the person legally entitled to possession of that property.

If you want to discuss further, just let me know.

Hello again: Do you have any more questions? I am happy to help you if you do. If not, I have been happy to answer your questions. Please remember to provide a rating between 3 and 5 stars so I can get paid for the services I provided to you. Thank you.

Is your neighbor still harassing you? Did you file a civil complaint? Did my answer help you? Let me know. If you are satisfied, just rate the answer 3 to 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you at no additional charge to you. Best regards.