How much does this cost? Short. My lawyer wants to resign…

Customer Question
How much does this...

How much does this cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

OK. Short. My lawyer wants to resign helping me with my will because I want to keep my Mother's Stocks and Bonds she left my sister and I in a " DOA...Pay On Death", if I die so she can get the account quickly. The rest of the will is MY property that I earned. Since he thinks this is "wrong" should I find another lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

All. For everything. I just want to isolate my mother's account in a pay on my death separate from all my will papers and documents.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is not charging me for his time and work so far....but wants to resign ...which means I have to find a new lawyer. Why is he being difficult ? My sister wants her money if I die in a Death clause. Mty lawyer is refusing and resigning. His boss says he's the best in his firm and has good reasons. says it is confusing. How do I find a new lawyer or keep him ?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
11/17/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,